My Journey...

My Journey...

Saturday, July 24, 2010

My subjects for this semester...

In this new semester of July to November, I was in part 3 and take Information Management course. By this course I had taking about seven subjects. They are divided followed by their code and name. For the first subject, IMD 201 that is called Access to Information, IMD 202 Promotion of Information Products and Services, IMD 203 Support Services and Maintenance, IMD 255 Technical Support and Services in Information Agencies. All these subjects are much related to our course. Next, is about another 4 subjects, they are BEL311 the name is English for academic purpose.CTU 264,stand for Islamic Information Management, and for co-curriculum subject is HPD117,stand for Intellectual Discourse.


Besides that, each of the subjects has a lecturer that teaches for the subject. For IMD201 the lecturer is En. Muhammad Ismail bin Pahmi. He is friendly person. When in the class he likes to ask question to the students, before he starts the learning.While, Puan Rashidah binti Mohamed,she is softly and kind-hearted person. For IMD203 is Miss Siti Nuur-ila binti Mat Kamal, She also friendly and funny person. She is the youngest lecturer that teach in my class. Full of energy and give a lot of inspred to us. More, IMD 255 is Puan Nor Diana. She is kind-hearted and caring person. She would ask the students who cannot understand before she proceed the lecture. Next, BEL 311 is En. Izuan Ismail. He is strict and punctuality person but he likes to give an advice to student. At the same time, he is a systematic and efficient person especially on make a class timetable flow well.



Futhermore, for CTU 264 is Ustaz Saidin. He is a funny person. In the class, he likes to make fun and laughter to students to make sure that it’s achieve her objective. Lastly, for HPD117 the lecturer is Mr. Muruga Chiniah. He an Indian culture but very compromising with others and sporting. In class, he likes to smile and make us laugh always. My opinion about all this subject is some of the subject related with the course. For example, for all the subject with the code of IMD. Although, there still have some content that related, but then, there have some content did not relate to the topic. We need to finds about the knowledge of the topic by our self from other sources. We also can indicate some of the topic that we cannot understands enough. As a student, we need to manage our assignment and works very well. I need to be more alert of everything that came out or any take fast feedback on something. That’s is real campus life that I have to faces.



Other than that, our course is not based on theory only, but I also having a practical at the same time. For example, for the subject of IMD 203, Support Services and Maintenance. From this subject, I had learn about the component of the PC computer. Another example is, by subject IMD 201, I had learn about how to get the information by searching the right sources. The place that contains the information and how to use it properly is what I learn by this subject. Furthermore, here are the subject that I like to share. The subject that I like, for this semester is the co-curriculum subject, that is HPD117 Intellectual Discourse. It is because, is the simple subject and easy to understand. When the time for the class, it contain many of the games for students, so it is not boring class. The lecturer is also sporting and likes to take picture on every games that been done.



The subject that I dislike is IMD203,Support Services and Maintenance. This is because the subject is too many about component computer, so I have to remember all that and need to practice. But the lecturer, know how to make us understand very well. My first expectations about all of the subjects are really tough. Especially for the subject that doesn’t have the final examination. There is the subject that not easy to understand, I have to struggle and study hard to make sure my pointer been increases semester by semester. That is my target and not all the subjects is easy to understand, so as the student I have to ask and related with my own words, when I do not understand what I have learned about. This will help me, to improve my study skills. I hope for the final semester I will get answer the final examination easy and properly and also can become the best student.


Otherwise, what I wanted to shared is about credit hours for those subjects that I had taken. Firstly, for the subject IMD 201, IMD 202, IMD 203, IMD 255, BEL 311 is three credit hours. Overall totally, is about eighteen credit hours that I had taken for this semester included CTU 264, which is two credit hour and HPD 117 (co-curriculum). While, there are about four hard core subjects, but then I really enjoyed studying in this course. Why the reason I choose this course is because, I critically think that in our daily life we need to gain relative information and known how to manage it properly. At the same time know to interpret it in correct ways. Not only that, but there are a lot of interest things that I will learn such as in IT, record management and communication skills which overall will upgrade myself in future.


In this case, went I talk about communication skills, it’s related to my BEL subject which learn from En. Izuan Ismail. In her teaching skills, it’s quite different by others lecturer, because on my opinion he try to used a lot of technique in transfer the meaning. In other words, he doesn’t used a text book hundred per cent on her lecture hour. To me, it’s very interesting to other subject to do the same way. That's the best thing...tq. for everything...

1 comment: